POSITION SUMMARY: Will ensure that electrical projects are carried out as efficiently and safely as possible at each of our Central Valley locations. Will be responsible for planning and scheduling projects, including estimating the time and materials needed to complete them. Will be required to assist the maintenance department as needed to troubleshoot electrical issues. Also, perform off-season preventative maintenance on our electrical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions.
- Read and interpret design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems.
- Supervise and motivate other employees to direct them toward the timely completion of assigned projects.
- Supervise electricians as they work, providing guidance and instruction as needed.
- Direct, instruct, monitor and inspect the electrical work of less skilled employees to ensure work is correctly and safely completed.
- Ensuring the work is completed on schedule and to code.
- Estimate the time and materials needed to complete projects.
- Maintain electrical project records of time and materials to report progress of electrical projects and estimate future needs.
- Install both rigid and EMT up to four inches.
- Install and troubleshoot 480-volt 3 phase motors and associated control systems.
- Ability to obtain working understanding of a CMMS system. Document work completed, assign time, and parts to proper work orders.
- Working knowledge of GMP’s within a food manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to work on conveyors, printers, scales, flow meters, chart recorders and process controls.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair AC/DC drive systems, AC/DC motors, electrical power distribution, protection systems, metering, PLC’s, and lighting systems.
- Moving, hauling, and lifting equipment as required by the repair or maintenance being performed.
- Interacts with job requesters and/or Engineering regarding project changes, costs, quality standards, specifications, and completion dates.
- Train for higher levels of responsibility.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Competent computer navigation for HMI, CMMS, E-mail, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency.
- Learn to order parts, and specify certain parts when ordering, and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Ability to lead a crew of up to 5-10 people.
Teamwork- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objects.
Accountability & Dependability- Shows up to work on time, and follows instructions, policies, and procedures. Meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
Flexibility- Adapting to and working with a variety of situations, individuals, and groups. Open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Attention to Detail- Performs tasks with care; is thorough. Makes few if any errors. Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness. Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies.
Communication- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place where necessary. Keeps manager informed about progress and problems.
Safety Focus- Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Avoids shortcuts that increase health and safety risks to self or others.
Education and Experience
- AS degree or higher.
- 5 years minimum electrical experience, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Electrical background requirements, either a college or technical degree or Journeyman.
- Proven work experience as an electrical lead.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Licenses and Certifications
- Requires valid driver’s license (DMV printout will be required).
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial and industrial electrical systems.
- Familiarity with state electrical and safety codes.
- Basic technical literacy.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Must work well under pressure and insure safe performance at all times.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Reports to: Refrigeration Manager
- Supervisory responsibilities may include: None
- Status: Non-Exempt
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to do repetitive movements of bending, reaching up to 24” overhead and forward up to 30”, squatting, pushing, and pulling an average weight of 10-30 lbs. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time on concrete and/or metal grating. Requires climbing, standing, kneeling, crawling, lying on back and/or stomach, stooping, twisting, lifting, and other physical movements at times within cramped quarters to perform job.