POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Information Technology will manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support services and data solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees IT operations and all large IT projects including monitoring and managing scope, schedules, budgets, and quality from conception to delivery
- Develops and delivers overall IT strategy
- Sets company security posture
- Creates and manages department operational and capital expenditure budgets
- Communicates within the department, across departments, and to the entire company as necessary
- Leads development and implementation processes for the organization’s IT systems and department.
- Oversee development team in being a partner to the organization for technological needs
- Oversee development and maintenance of key data systems of the company including its ERP
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Manages company help desk
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Project management– Lead group to implement changes and projects in the in organization while tracking and meeting deadlines and holding all stakeholders accountable.
Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures
Equipment and Program Knowledge- Understanding how specific equipment and programs can benefit the business and its customers. Ability to use existing knowledge to diagnose technical issues.
Creative & Innovative Thinking- Connects seemingly unrelated ideas, events, and circumstances to find global solutions to individual problems.
Researching Information- Screens out irrelevant and vague information, keeping the high-quality data. Questions the limits, quality, and accuracy of data; digs for details and confirms suspect data.
Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situation. Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision making
Teamwork- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objects
Change Management- Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results
Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Consulting- Partners with clients to identify and resolve complex or sensitive issues
Decision Making- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, constraints, and risks
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five or more years of professional success with building and leading multi-site IT teams and working with data management systems.
- Experience, and other training or certification may be substituted for education.
- English with bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and security systems
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- A working knowledge of VMware, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Office 365, Enterprise Applications, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planner), Business Intelligence software (e.g., IBM Cognos), and Support Desk Systems.
- Ability to create and maintain effective documentation of policies, processes, and procedures.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Hires and trains IT staff. Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT team.
- Manages responses to requests from company team members for assistance in various data and IT needs
- Oversee projects and implementations as needed and dictated by leaders of the company.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Reports to: CFO
- Status: Exempt
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to a typical office environment — prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. However, the employee is expected to travel to the different locations (within 50 miles radius distance from primary location) to interact with employees in multiple processes (e.g., onboarding, training, etc.).
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays; this is critical to support the needs of the business and is subject to change.