POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of the AP Clerk are to support the Shared Services Manager by performing data entry and reconciliation of customer and vendor invoicing. This position will also be involved with weekly and monthly reporting, and vendor account maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying vendor invoices
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval for payment
- Responsible for tracking and recording purchase orders and processing payments timely
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies
- Assist with weekly check runs
- Assist in month end closing
- 1099 maintenance
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with other projects as needed
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situation.
- Knowledge of typical accounting software (Famous experience desired)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to changing procedures and offer insight on process improvement
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Strong oral and written communication, including being clear, informative and responsive
- Strong in written and spoken English and ideally Spanish, but not required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be exposed to typical office environment. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.